Depression is debilitating. Rates of depression are on the rise, but no matter how hopeless your child feels, with the right information, you can help your child reverse the spiral of depression and live an amazing, happy life. The key is having a healthy brain that supports a happy mood.
With specialized brain chemistry testing and targeted brain support, kids and teens struggling with depression can have dramatically improved mood, social engagement, and mental energy.
There are many factors that contribute to depression, however imbalanced brain chemistry and less than optimal brain health is a much bigger factor in depression than most people realize.
Biochemical Causes of Depression
Depression involves suboptimal brain health and/or function, and often occurs together with anxiety and insomnia or hypersomnia.
Medical scientists have identified clear associations between brain chemistry and depression, including the following and many more:
- Hormonal imbalances
- Poor methylation status
- Chronic, mild (and undetected) infections
- Improper omega–3/omega–6 fatty acid levels or ratio
- Zinc and other mineral deficiencies
- Toxin exposure such as lead, mercury, and/or arsenic
- Dopamine/Norepinephrine/Serotonin/GABA/histamine/glutamate imbalance
- Food Sensitivities
- Gut flora imbalances
- Brain and body inflammation
- Poor diet or exercise
- Other nutrient deficiencies
- and more
All of the above imbalances can be tested and addressed for improved brain function leading to better mood, happiness, and mental energy.