What you need:
- 2 tbsp. of organic broccoli sprouting seeds
- Wide mouthed quart jar with sprouting lid (you can buy sprouting lid here).
- Water (room temperature)
- Place the organic broccoli seeds into a jar. Cover the seeds with a few inches of room temperature water. Let them soak overnight in a warm place.
- After 8 to 10 hours drain the water off.
- Rinse the broccoli seeds with fresh water; do this 2 to 3 times a day for 4 to 5 days. Make sure to drain off all the water after each rinsing to prevent spoiling.
It will take about 2 to 3 days before the sprout will start to show, so be patient. When your sprouts have grown a few centimeters long with defined yellow leaves, move your jar out into a place with indirect sunlight. It will help your sprouts to use the light and grow faster. Remember that you must keep rinsing at least twice daily, because the sprouts can dry out fast in hot and dry environments. You can tell if the sprouts are ready when the leaves turn darker green and have grown an inch or longer in length. You can now eat and enjoy your broccoli sprouts plain or on salads.
[thrive_link color=’blue’ link=’http://mindwhale.com/benefits-of-broccoli-sprouts-for-autism/’ target=’_self’ size=’medium’ align=”]Read about Benefits of Broccoli Sprouts for Autism[/thrive_link]